Seasonal Home Insurance in New Mexico
New Mexico recommends specific insurance for seasonal or vacation rentals, and Family Insurance Associates in Ruidoso, NM can help you with your policy. Seasonal property insurance covers you and your property in the event of accidental damages, liabilities, loss, and other tragedies. Call our licensed insurance agents to ensure your property is covered today.
Types of Coverage New Mexico Recommends Include:
- Comprehensive property coverage: sudden, accidental, or direct physical loss that is not excluded from your primary policy
- Peril coverage: Perils, such as fire, explosion, lightning, windstorm, and hail are incidents that might be named explicitly as not-insurance by your standard policy
- Liability Coverage: Liability coverage aids you if you're found liable for an accident that involves injury to someone who doesn't currently live in your home, or damage to someone else's property
- Partial-loss Cash Value: Partial-loss coverage is for perils like a hail storm that breaks a few windows or a door. Partial-loss usually covers the replacement or repair of your property
- Total-loss Settlements: If the home is destroyed, total-loss can help to cover the full insured amount
- Replacement: Insurance that can help replace damaged property
- Other Liabilities: Call us today to find out what kind of liabilities you may have, and additional coverage options that may be necessary for your specific property
Your home insurance may not cover vacation rentals, or non-owner-occupied dwellings. Especially if you are renting out to guests for temporary or vacation purposes (under five months), a traditional homeowner's insurance policy will leave you liable for unexpected damages, loss, and injury to your guests or others.
Your insurance coverage and requirements might differ from what your main home insurance policy covers. To ensure you're covered in the case of loss or damage to your property and the guests that are staying in your home, please visit or call today to learn more about how Family Insurance Associates in Ruidoso, NM can cover you today.